Skip to main content

I survived...I think

Tyrone went back to work today.  This is very exciting because that means Casino Road Ministries is up and running for the new school year.   So for the next 9 months, Tyrone will be heading to work about 2pm on Monday and Wednesday and 11am on Tuesday and Thursday.

I still have 5 weeks of maternity leave left to figure out how this will work when I go back to work.

So on to today's adventure...

150p  Changed Charlotte's diaper, she promptly peed on everything.  Impromptu bath from the waist down followed by new clothes.

2p  Tyrone leaves for work and Samuel starts building tunnels and bridges with his legos

205p  Charlotte decides she's hungry

208p  Samuel tells me he needs to go potty.  We haven't officially started potty training but when he asks to sit on the potty we let him.  So I set Charlotte on the floor outside the bathroom and wait...

210p  Samuel's 'All Done Mommy' The next 5min was spent with him asking for his pants back and then saying 'All Done' when I gave them to him.

Samuel playing blocks with no pants on...
215p - 3pm Samuel and Mommy play legos.  We built a Cabin and two Garages.  Me-Maw shows up at 250p, Samuel starts destroying the lego buildings.  Must be time for a nap

3pm -330p  Samuel must be 2 or else why would he be throwing stuff everywhere and throwing his body on the floor.

330p  Aggression is all worked out and Samuel is happily snoozing in his bed.

Spent the next two hours have a good talk with my mom.  Charlotte spent the time sleeping on me and Me-Maw.

530p Time to start cooking dinner, Macaroni and Hot Dogs.

545p Samuel is up from his nap and sees the mac and cheese cooking.  He decides he wants to eat NOW!  I try and distract him with Train videos on YouTube.  He starts crying and saying 'All Done Trains.'

The next 20min I played cooking show to keep him entertained while wearing Charlotte in the Moby.  Charlotte and I are still working on our babywearing groove.  She won't keep her head against my chest, so she got a little baby whiplash.

615p Dinner Time!  Samuel eats a whole plate of mac and cheese.  Charlotte decides she wants dinner too.  Samuel wants 2nds but Charlotte is still eating.  I'm still not sure how to balance the needs of a toddler and a very hungry baby.

630p Charlotte is still eating and Samuel starts saying 'put away,' over and over again.  I ask him what he wants me to put away and he says 'Charlotte's food source' (granted he used another word.)

640p Samuel now doesn't want 2nds or chex even though he keeps asking for them.  The 'All Done' game is about to push mommy over the edge.  Why do toddlers whine?  Also I'm glad he doesn't say NO, but 'All Done' is starting to get on mommy's nerves.

7-730p Dinner is over and we are back to playing blocks.  All is well until Charlotte is hungry again.  Samuel doesn't like this and slaps her.  I need to play defense faster.

730-8p Samuel starts throwing blocks and I contemplate calling my dad for reinforcements.

8pm Now wishing I'd called my dad.  Tyrone should be home in 30min.  Samuel is having a full blown meltdown.  Toys are being thrown, he's hitting and then somehow managed to land on Charlotte.  She's fine and went right back to sleep.  Samuel is enjoying time out in his room.

830p Why isn't Tyrone home yet?

9pm Tyrone is home, Samuel's in bed, Charlotte is eating again, and Mommy is thinking about ice cream.

To recap:  Not much was accomplished today.  I did one load of laundry and made dinner, I also kept my two kids from hurting each other too bad...

Hopefully tomorrow will be better...



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Baking with Samuel

Tonight, Tyrone took Charlotte to run errands, so that left me and Samuel to spend time together.  First we had to clean the kitchen and pick up toys, then it was time to make cookies. Samuel is Ready! Samuel loves cookies and watching me work in the kitchen, so tonight I combined the two to make Snickerdoodles.  I haven't had very good luck making GF Snickerdoodles, they always seemed to run.  One time I improvised and made them in muffin tins, they kinda looked like reverse volcanos.  Thanks to the yummy ones my friend Megan made, I thought I'd give them one more try. I used this recipe from Betty Crocker,  Snickerdoodles , I just modified it with Brown Rice Flour and Xanthan Gum.  I think the Xanthan Gum was key,  I'd been out for a while and finally had some, what a difference. Snickerdoodle Recipe 1 Cup Butter 1 1/2 Cups Sugar Cream Together 2 Eggs Creamed and ready for flo...

Family Movie Night

Last night we had our 1st Family Movie Night.  Samuel can almost sit still for about 30 minutes at a time, so I figured he was ready.  We borrowed Cars from my dad and finally got to watch a Blu-Ray movie in our new Blu-Ray player.  Cars seemed like Samuel's speed, he loves Thomas and Friends and cars with faces can't be that much different than trains with faces. Family Movie Night was like embarking on a new adventure, could 3 people with very different tastes and attention spans enjoy the same movie?  Turns out we can for about 30 minutes. At 8:30pm dressed in our PJs we all climbed in to bed and started Cars.  Samuel was so cute sitting between Mommy and Daddy.  He was watched very intently as the cars raced around the track in the opening credits, he identified the helicopter as an airplane and watched for other things he could name.  He tapped his hands to the music and wanted water just like mommy and daddy had.  This family bliss laste...

3 Weeks Yesterday...

As of today I have been the mom to two kids for 3 weeks and 1 day. Wow!  There was a point in time where I thought I'd never have kids.  After we got married we still thought we wouldn't have kids.  After a year and a half of blissful married life, we had a miscarriage.  This got us thinking, maybe one kid would be kinda fun.  Samuel was born two months after our 3rd anniversary. Samuel was so much fun.  A cute little person to hold and love, to explore the world through his eyes.  He fit right into our life.  He was almost too relaxed.  Samuel wasn't big on eating so he slept alot and didn't gain much weight at first.  Once we got the weight gain on the right track he was still an awesome sleeper.  He started sleeping through the night at 2 months.  He almost never cried and was happiest playing on the floor. After Samuel turned one, we thought we had this parenting thing figured out, so why not try for another...