Skip to main content

Charlotte Rose

After 9 months of waiting Charlotte Rose is here!

Mommy and Daddy heading to the hospital
Saturday, September 10, 2011

Mommy started her day at 5am with a shower and no breakfast.  Me-Maw came over to braid my hair and watch Samuel.  We drove to the hospital and realized Charlotte would be here TODAY!

After checking in we were given a recovery room and we waited some more.  At 7:30am I was prepped for surgery.

Mommy prepped and ready to go

At 8am we were off to the operating room.  Charlotte was ready and so was I.  I actually had some contractions while waiting for surgery, so she must have been ready too.

At 8:22am I heard the most wonderful sound, Charlotte letting the world know she was here.  She was born with straight, dark hair and beautiful deep, dark blue eyes.  She weighed 7lbs 8oz and was 19 1/4 inches long.  So she was about the same size Samuel was when he was born.

Charlotte getting her temperature taken
Daddy got to hold her first and brought her to me for some quick cheek to cheek contact before the rest of the cleaning got started.

Daddy and Charlotte


Once everything was done we headed to recovery to relax and get acquainted with our baby girl.  Since  my c-section went great we were able to head to our regular room by 10am.

Charlotte's first visitors were Pa-Pa and Me-Maw Bouldin.  They oohed and awed over Charlotte for about an hour.

Charlotte and Me-Maw Bouldin


Big Brother Samuel was the next visitor followed by Pa-Pa and Me-Maw Huber and Auntie Annemarie.  The first thing Samuel said was "See Baby Charlotte."  He wanted to hug her, kiss her and head bonk her.  We however, only let him pat her gently.

Auntie Annemarie, Charlotte, Samuel and Me-Maw Huber

After a busy morning it was time for Mommy and Charlotte to take a nap.

Charlotte and Mommy sleeping

The rest of the day was spent eating and sleeping.  Charlotte is a very calm, relaxed baby.  She is also a good eater, which makes Mommy very happy.

Sunday, September 11, 2011

After a good night of sleep and a peaceful morning we were ready for more visitors.  The grandparents, Auntie and Samuel all came by for another peak at Baby Charlotte.  Charlotte also got to meet her new friend Aliya's parents, Stacy and DC.  Aliya has yet to make her appearance.

Charlotte at home
Monday, September 12, 2011

We got to go home!  Charlotte got the grand tour by Samuel and Daddy.  They took her around the whole house and told her about each room.  She seemed quite content about her new home.

Charlotte slept great her first night



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Baking with Samuel

Tonight, Tyrone took Charlotte to run errands, so that left me and Samuel to spend time together.  First we had to clean the kitchen and pick up toys, then it was time to make cookies. Samuel is Ready! Samuel loves cookies and watching me work in the kitchen, so tonight I combined the two to make Snickerdoodles.  I haven't had very good luck making GF Snickerdoodles, they always seemed to run.  One time I improvised and made them in muffin tins, they kinda looked like reverse volcanos.  Thanks to the yummy ones my friend Megan made, I thought I'd give them one more try. I used this recipe from Betty Crocker,  Snickerdoodles , I just modified it with Brown Rice Flour and Xanthan Gum.  I think the Xanthan Gum was key,  I'd been out for a while and finally had some, what a difference. Snickerdoodle Recipe 1 Cup Butter 1 1/2 Cups Sugar Cream Together 2 Eggs Creamed and ready for flo...

Family Movie Night

Last night we had our 1st Family Movie Night.  Samuel can almost sit still for about 30 minutes at a time, so I figured he was ready.  We borrowed Cars from my dad and finally got to watch a Blu-Ray movie in our new Blu-Ray player.  Cars seemed like Samuel's speed, he loves Thomas and Friends and cars with faces can't be that much different than trains with faces. Family Movie Night was like embarking on a new adventure, could 3 people with very different tastes and attention spans enjoy the same movie?  Turns out we can for about 30 minutes. At 8:30pm dressed in our PJs we all climbed in to bed and started Cars.  Samuel was so cute sitting between Mommy and Daddy.  He was watched very intently as the cars raced around the track in the opening credits, he identified the helicopter as an airplane and watched for other things he could name.  He tapped his hands to the music and wanted water just like mommy and daddy had.  This family bliss laste...

3 Weeks Yesterday...

As of today I have been the mom to two kids for 3 weeks and 1 day. Wow!  There was a point in time where I thought I'd never have kids.  After we got married we still thought we wouldn't have kids.  After a year and a half of blissful married life, we had a miscarriage.  This got us thinking, maybe one kid would be kinda fun.  Samuel was born two months after our 3rd anniversary. Samuel was so much fun.  A cute little person to hold and love, to explore the world through his eyes.  He fit right into our life.  He was almost too relaxed.  Samuel wasn't big on eating so he slept alot and didn't gain much weight at first.  Once we got the weight gain on the right track he was still an awesome sleeper.  He started sleeping through the night at 2 months.  He almost never cried and was happiest playing on the floor. After Samuel turned one, we thought we had this parenting thing figured out, so why not try for another...